<$BlogRSDUrl$>

The Rambler :: blog

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Glyndebourne Hip H'Opera 

*****THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER LIVE*****
To read this post and the rest of The Rambler in its current incarnation please click here. Thank you!*****
So, my first thought on hearing about Glyndebourne's plans to stage a 'Hip H'Opera' version of Cosi fan tutte was
'Hip H'Opera'??? Yikes!


My second was in response to this quote from the director Clare Whistler, on her decision to chose Cosi as the meeting point between hip hop and opera:
Because they're entirely different worlds, and I thought the one thing that could make it fusion is that it's a story about love.
Doesn't sound terribly street to me, especially when the operatic repertoire is stacked to the ceiling with pimps, ho's, hustlers, and, of course, bling. I mean, try harder, people!


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License. All non-proprietary code is valid XHTML.