<$BlogRSDUrl$>

The Rambler :: blog

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Shamed by my referrals 

*****THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER LIVE*****
To read this post and the rest of The Rambler in its current incarnation please click here. Thank you!*****
I notice in my referrals this morning a Google for 'critics Phillip Neil Martin', a composer I mentioned in a review of the Elysian Quartet last year. Well, since someone is looking, it behoves me to mention that I saw another work of Martin's, Standing Water in concert on Saturday, and thought it probably the best work of the concert. Martin is deeply interested in gagaku, and this work is a splintered take on the Japanese court music (with some effective imitations of sho and hichiriki). Plus, I'm very sympathetic towards the spatial, non-developmental perception of time, and I think Martin got this aspect of his Japanese influences across well.


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License. All non-proprietary code is valid XHTML.