<$BlogRSDUrl$>

The Rambler :: blog

Monday, March 07, 2005

Memes 

*****THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER LIVE*****
To read this post and the rest of The Rambler in its current incarnation please click here. Thank you!*****
I lack the imagination or energy to come up with Ten Things I've Done that You Probably Haven't, but here's just one, from this weekend:

Run down to the beach in winter, solely in order to witness the "snow falling with hail, mingled with rime" of Anglo-Saxon poem 'The Wanderer'.

Again, I can't be bothered with the full 5 required, but here are three film quotes that pop into my head:

"I think we know whose side the good Lord is on?"

"England, sir?"

"Precisely." (Peter Cook and Dudley Moore, Monte Carlo or Bust)

"You're a monster, and a monster. In that order!" (Peter Sellars, What's New Pussycat)

"Liverwurst!" (Ingrid Bergman, Spellbound).

Well, that's one small part of my desk cleared at least...


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License. All non-proprietary code is valid XHTML.