<$BlogRSDUrl$>

The Rambler :: blog

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

*****THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER LIVE*****
To read this post and the rest of The Rambler in its current incarnation please click here. Thank you!*****
That new Bruce Nauman installation at the Tate sounds really good. By which I mean, the piece in today's Telegraph makes it sound really good - I haven't seen/heard the installation itself yet ... oh, you know what I mean.

I defy anyone to walk straight down the ramp in the Turbine Hall to the ticket desk without stopping every few feet to listen. Watch how people zigzag across the gallery, or stand stock still, enveloped by one of Nauman's poetic texts, conundrums or word games.
Using noise to force people to act, react, think. It's a novel idea - and it might just work. Anyway, if I get a spare moment this weekend I might trundle down to Bankside and tell you what it's like for myself.


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License. All non-proprietary code is valid XHTML.