<$BlogRSDUrl$>

The Rambler :: blog

Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Haul 

*****THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER LIVE*****
To read this post and the rest of The Rambler in its current incarnation please click here. Thank you!*****
What a lark! What a plunge!

Skipped off at lunchtime and found myself in Avid Records, Oxford. Unfotunately, since I don't have a turntable (I know; anyone know a secondhand one going cheap?), in places like this I have to grit my teeth and walk past the racks and racks of lovely LPs which I would dearly love to thumb and own and make do with the altogether colder business of the CD section. Still, the following 6 quality items set me back a mere £20, so you can't complain too much:

Goldie: Timeless (about time I got a CD copy, even if it doesn't have the extra tracks on)
Mercury Rev: Boces
Spiritualized: Let it Come Down
Missy Elliott: Under Construction
Soul II Soul: Vol. II: 1990 A New Decade (another one I've had on tape for years)
Lou Reed and John Cale: Songs for Drella

Quality. Pay Avid a visit if you're ever in Oxford. Great shop.


This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 2.5 License. All non-proprietary code is valid XHTML.